At this time I wish to introduce to you one of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Enviornment), which is oriented in direction of the well-known Warcraft 3 - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For many who never performed DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I will explain it intimately:
League of Legends would not put high requirements on your PCs. You want at least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free hard disk space, - DSL or similar
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on the place you live. You can even create an account on US whereas living in Europe however you will experience higher pings then. I provide you with a hyperlink to create an account in my creator's bio. Select a reputation (all the time the hardest part) and a pleasant image and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 players (there are extra game modes, however they don't seem to be vital at first because as a newbie it is best to begin with 5vs5 to learn the gameplay). Earlier than every match you all select a "champion" who is the character you wish to use in battle. Dependant in your private preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, slightly boy using on a Yeti, a brave knight and many more.All in all there are more than eighty (!) completely different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has four completely different skills (3 regular and one further strong, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has because the beginning. You learn the talents by leveling up ingame and your max champion stage is 18 which means that you've got 5 factors in every regular means and three in your ultimate.
You receive expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it's not necessary to kill them your self!)
2. killing or helping to kill enemy champions
In the beginning you usually play no matter you want, later it's useful to communicate with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the identical kind.
The completely different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means skill energy, they primarily deal magical damage with their abilities)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they primarily deal physical damage with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are hard to kill and defend their own carries, for instance by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They have either buffs or heals to help their carries and maintain them alive)
5. Junglers (They do not start in the lane however in the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting point is: Relying on the objects you equip on your champions they're usually able to meet totally different roles!
In the beginning you do not have personal champions, however every week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you should purchase more champions with influence factors (IP) in the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has 3 different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you will need to destroy before you can assault the bottom itself. As a support your foremost building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in brief intervals which provide help to in fights. Between the lanes there is the "jungle", where neutral monsters are located. Should you kill these you obtain gold and/or short-term buffs.
As soon as the match begins everybody has a few minute to spend his beginning capital on gadgets in the shop.
This doesn't take long since you do not have much gold in the beginning. There are alternative ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (here it is very important give them the ultimate blow, the so called "lasthitting")
3. Killing or helping to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several objects which grant you further income (the so referred to as gold/5 objects -> they give you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
In the event you destroy the enemy major constructing (Nexus) your workforce wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, nevertheless, it's important to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on no less than one lane and the two towers which protect the Nexus. So it isn't the very best concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 for those who do not push the lanes on the identical time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, rarely more than an hour. As soon because the match reaches minute 20 additionally it is doable to surrender.
Extra game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") the place you need to capture and defend sure points. In addition there are ranked modes for players with summoner stage 30 (explanation follows) during which you receive an Elo count depending on your wins and losses. For learners I extremely recommend the traditional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends also has an RPG part. You do not solely select a reputation and an image for your self (you are a so called "summoner", don't mix it up with the "champions") however you might be additionally able to level up yourself and purchase small buffs with Affect Points (IP).